Sunday, November 30, 2008

Even when I go to bed at 11...

I thought tonight would be different,
tonight I would have peace.
I say my nightly prayers and,
retreat to my floating castle.

And then they came: BOOM,
SCREECH, CRACK, KAKAKATA, SMACK--
shattering the clear crystal,
that had almost finished forming.

In frustration I pull down my
hat and re-stuff my plugs.
For a second I thought it worked:
darkness and silence--my lovely cradle!

Then the devilish drumming began:
Pu-dong, pu-dong... growing louder
until it became a freight train,
accelerating down metal and gravel.

I turn left, the beat crescendos from my right,
I turn right, but the train circles to my left.
Like a cancerous sore, the perverse
and syncopated rhythm,
spreading until it fills my head.
never slowing, never ceasing,
never leaving me alone.

Adding to the torment: hkrooo, pssiuuu--
began thunderous bubbling of puss.
Lava in my veins, I gasp for air.
I imagined taking a towel,
and stuffing it down his throat.
And you, bloated beastal blob,
why do you have to be here?

In the end, I accepted my fate
of another numb amoebic day,
of erupting white-tipped volcanoes,
and sweet dreams in class.

2 comments:

zhu said...

PU-DONG PU-DONG

LOLLLL

- tee . said...

move to bailey's already. lmao.