Blap,blap,blap... the enemies fire from the white barriers that make up their stronghold, but we have the commanding fort. We have them pinned down and outnumbered. The game is ours for the taking, but there's only 5 minutes left. They are just trying to draw out time; we need to make a move. After cleaning my fogged up goggles, I peak through a hole in the fort toward their base: right there, not 50 meters off, is their white base, behind which lies their flag. So close, yet so far...
It's time for action! I tell a teammate to cover me, and sneak out from the back of the fort. With my head ducked down, I quickly make my way to the right flank, toward this pile of wood that can serve as a barricade, hoping that the enemies are too busy ducking from our barrage to notice me. Once behind the barricade, I drop down, and carefully peek from the right. It seems that the enemies are concentrated behind this rock next to their base. There's a denser patch of woods and bushes on their right; if only I could suddenly pop up from there... There's no time to hesitate, time to move! I rise up and start on a hockey-stick shaped path toward the opponents' base. My goggles are fogging up again and my running is causing it to dangle down; but I can't afford to stop and adjust now. The terrain is tough, full of prickly dried bushes and fallen logs, but these helpsto conceal me. I can hear my own breathing. Suddenly, Blap, blap! I drop to the ground. Phew... they were just firing into our fort. I brush aside some dried branches, and continue to move forward in almost a crawl. So close now... I am almost directly beside them. I can see them crouching behind that rock. They are still looking toward our fort, totally unaware of my approach from the side. Muhaha, I have them now!
From 10 meters away, I take aim. Astalavista... Bomp, bomp, bomp! I fire, but oh no! the balls are hitting wide. Stupid gun, such bad accuracy! Blap, blap! Ouch! I feel a sharp sting on my left side, and immediately after a white splash explodes onto my goggles... Aghh! I'm out...
I raise my hands and walk away from the field. It turned out that one of the enemies was also hiding behind the rock from which I was firing. I had gotten directly behind him without noticing! My cumbersome goggles had blocked my peripheral vision. At least I got one of them. Later on two of my teammates attacked from the left flank, and one of them managed to reach the flag. We won! Go team!
Those 2 hours were so much fun!
...except for getting hit almost point blank in the mouth... Yuk!
Efficient Market is One of Many Nash Equilibria
17 years ago
1 comment:
LMAO. sounds amazing
Post a Comment