Friday, July 17, 2009

When I was little 2

When I was little,
I was often bedazzled
by the blue sky.

Everytime my parents handed me a camera,
I would point up,
to capture the sight.
But my Mom would stop me and say
"Don't waste film, it costs money!"
So I could only gaze my fill
of the vast, blue sky,
pondering my own
smallness.

That beautiful blue,
Nuanced with infinite variety of shades
Adorned with puffy white clouds
of all imaginable shapes.
It's Bigger, brighter, better,
than any painting, sculpture, architecture
or any other works of humans.
It simply blows my mind.

So what if you can see it everyday,
does it make it less beautiful?
Sometimes what we take the granted the most
are our best treasures.

1 comment:

- tee . said...

So what if you can see it everyday,
does it make it less beautiful?
Sometimes what we take the granted the most
are our best treasures.


<3 .