Thursday, July 15, 2010

My biggest foe recently: lethargy

Back when I was in college, when I thought about post-graduation life I imagined an active life, keeping what I have and pressing forward into exciting new territory--reading these new books, making new friends, keeping touch with old friends, exploring new hobbies, etc. However, once I started a semblance of a job I found all these plans just not happening, simply because often when I come back from work I want to do nothing but watch TV and afterward lay on my bed--to "think" about "things"--but only to wake up later and realizing I finally should go to bed.

This deep lethargy has been draining away my motivation to do anything: all these books now lay on my dresser un-opened (maybe I should move them elsewhere because every time I look at them, I see the bed beside them, and the choice seems already made), I'm too lazy to go out and meet people, I have no motivation to write to friends, and my habit of doing devos in the morning has been compromised because I don't want to get up and my mind keeps dozing off in prayer. It's been so bad at times, spending almost entire weekends at home doing nothing and half-sleeping. Makes me feel so bad afterward.

I guess I just need to be more disciplined in sleeping early?

2 comments:

David Fan said...

i think it's just a part of adapting to post-graduation life. its harder to find things to do, and the environment is different. just give it some time, you have to find a different way to push yourself, that's all.

- xiaoyue. said...

maybe u just need sleep =P