Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reviving this blog (Memory dump coming up)

Looking at the date of the last blog, I realized: Wow, I haven't posted anything for 2 months! However, a lot has happened; I have had many important realizations and significant experiences. I really don't want my blogging to die off, especially because as I am graduating soon, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with close friends. Blogging is one of the only feasible ways of keeping others updated on what's going on in my life. Furthermore, I want to maintain a habit of blogging so that I can keep a record during my "dream year" in China after graduation.

Beside my laziness, I think the following factors also contributed to my lack of posting:
- I try to set too high a standard for myself; I have to come to terms with my inabilities to express things. It's okay to just be genuine and try my best to make my posts coherent. Few people are going to read this anyway.
- My posts are too long. It takes too much time to compose a blog and so I wait for a sizeable chunk of free time to write down my thoughts. Such chunks are hard to come by.

Hence, I will now write more succinct, focused, and short blogs. I will jump start this with a sequence of "catch-up" blogs, recording my most significant thoughts and experiences for the past month.

No comments: