Saturday, January 31, 2009

Got scammed?

I bought an ipod on ebay earlier this week (and paid through paypal) and I just received an email saying the item listing was removed. Moreover, the seller unregistered himself so there's no more record of the auction on ebay... When I made the purchase, I thought the seller was trustworthy because he had 300 something sells and 99% positive feedback, but as I now look back all of this was done in the last month. So it seems that you can scam by being a very good, honest seller for a short period of time, gain people's trust, and increase your selling rate so that you have many large, unfulfilled orders at a given time. Then you disappear, pocket the money and ebay cannot do much to punish you because you will never sell again (under the same name).

Looks like I just got scammed hard... I hope paypal or my credit company can pick up the tabs. :-(

1 comment:

Bear said...

ggggggggggg pwnt.
dude you could've just kept my nano. I don't use it anyways.