I tried calling Gerald Henderson last night and was terribly disappointed by the "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is not in service." He changed his number when I was in China last semester! There goes my plan A to fame...
For those who don't know, Gerald is arguably the best player on the Duke basketball team right now, with his explosive dunks and leadership when we needed it the most. He's done magnificent this season, with 14.4 ppg and scoring 21, 23 19, 25 in the last 4 games. He was the man that carried when we were faltering against Georgetown and NC state, when he simply took over, making sick dunks, amazing passes, and almost arrogant threes. For moments in the game I wanted to cry Kobe!
Gerald was also my neighbor during sophomore year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to know him better, but he was the most friendly out of the 4 players in his year, and he called me "Peng my boy." (He let me in on his unlimited supply of Gatorade, offered me beer on occasions, and invited me to his B-day party.) He got me a poster of the Duke team with his signature in the middle, and I'm just crossing my fingers each game and watching his stats going up, imagining the number of 0's one day on that ebay transaction for the poster.
Arghh, I need to find him again and get his new number!
PS:
Here's the highlights to the Duke-Georgetown game last Saturday, when Henderson was amazing. Note that the sequence of #1 plays were all by Henderson: the ally oop, the dunk in transition, the sick stuff.
Here's the highlights to the Duke-NC state game 2 days ago. We weren't doing well first half until Henderson took over.
Efficient Market is One of Many Nash Equilibria
17 years ago
2 comments:
there's a lovely lil website called... facebook =)
find him and learn to ball from him plz.
Post a Comment